Citizens of the European Union can freely enter and stay in the UK for up to three months. The legality of further stay in the country exceeding the 3-month period depends on the fulfillment of certain conditions:
You must be employed and receive a salary. Be a registered and active private entrepreneur by a Student Financial Independent; or Actively seek work.
Below we describe the most obscure categories: “financially independent person” and “person in active search for work”.
To be recognized as financially independent, you must show that you have enough money to support you and your family. The essence of this requirement is that you should not become a burden to the social system of Great Britain. You can be recognized as a financially independent person by showing evidence of financial self-sufficiency, for example, your spouse, even if they do not have the citizenship of a member state of the European Union, but have a work permit and work in the UK. The main thing under such circumstances is to show that you have access to the declared finances.
How to determine the availability of sufficient funds to meet this requirement:
When reviewing your application, it must be confirmed that your finances exceed the income level under which, for example, a British citizen is eligible for benefits. Also taken into account are such circumstances, such as the number of family members, your existing financial obligations, such as rent, mortgage, utility bills, loans, etc. We also take into account: the future inheritance, confirmation of future employment, and a letter from the pension fund, confirming future pension payments.
To meet the requirements of this category, you must show that you are actively looking for work. According to the Immigration Rules 2006, your situation will fall into this category if you have been employed in the UK for a while before starting a job search, were a private entrepreneur, a student or a financially independent person. Another condition of this category is the availability of evidence that you have education and work experience. Also you have to show that you are really looking for work. This is proved by the presence of applications for employment, letters from employers who invite you to attend interviews, letters of refusal, and also confirmation of registration at the Jobcentre Plus. If the active job search lasts more than 6 months, you can save the status of the “person in active job search” only in exceptional cases, which we will tell you based on your individual circumstances.
Additional conditions apply to students and financially independent persons. You must have full medical insurance from the very beginning of your stay in the UK. Travel insurance or, for example, access to the UK healthcare system is not proof of the required medical insurance. The actual insurance is, for example, private health insurance or the European Health Insurance Card issued by a member state of the European Union, together with a confirmation that you do not intend to reside in the UK permanently.
Knowing that your situation can be attributed to one of the above categories, there is no need to file an application for a documentary proof of legal residence in the UK & # 8211; The registration certificate. However, the availability of such a certificate may be useful for you when registering for benefits, employment and removal of housing. From February 1, 2016, all landlords will legally be required to verify the legality of the tenants in the UK. The presence of the Registration Certificate will facilitate this task. As a rule, the registration certificate is issued for 5 years. After this period you can apply for a permanent residence card (Permanent Residence Card).
After 5 years of living in the UK in one of the above categories, you can apply for a document confirming your right to permanent residence in the UK – Permanent Residence Card. It is important to comply with the requirements for a “permitted absence” from the country if you intend to apply for citizenship in the future (see our UK citizenship section).
The permit for residence in the UK of members of the family who are not citizens of the European Union (Residence Card)
As we told above, you, as a citizen or an EU citizen, can be confirmed by the legality of your presence in the UK by obtaining a Certificate of Registration. If you are married to a citizen or a citizen of a country that is not a member country of the European Union, then the legal residence in your spouse’s country must be confirmed by a Residence Card. Like the Certificate of Registration, such a permit is issued for 5 years. At the end of this period, your spouse or spouse, like you, can apply for a permanent residence card.
If the official registration of the marriage took place outside the UK and your spouse or spouse is only planning to move to the UK, they need to get an EEA Family permit. This permission is valid for 6 months after which you should apply for the above Residence Card, and then the Permanent Residence Card.
Your relatives and other relatives, as well as relatives of your spouse or non-EU citizens, can apply for Residence Card.
By family members, direct family members means your husband, wife or partner, your child or grandson, and the children or grandchildren of your wife, husband or civil partner under the age of 21 or dependent on you. Also, your parents, grandparents, parents, grandparents of your wife, husband or civil partner are family members. If you are a student, only your husband, wife, civic spouse or dependent children have the right to reside in the UK.
To the category extended family members, who can also apply for Residence Card are civil partners with whom your relationship has not been officially registered, as well as sisters, brothers, uncles, aunts, nephews and cousins.
Citizens of Great Britain returning from a member state of the European Union with a spouse or spouse.
In most cases, it is much more difficult for British citizens to bring their spouses here who are citizens of non-EU countries. The reason for this are strict financial requirements, which you can find in the “Joining the Family” section of our website and get advice from our immigration specialists. However, if a British citizen returns from the EU country, having lived there for at least 3 months with his wife or spouse, these financial claims can be avoided. At the same time, it is necessary to provide evidence that your spouse, or a spouse who is a citizen of Great Britain, has lived in a country of the European Union sincerely. Such proof can be confirmation of the address and duration of residence, employment, purchase of real estate, study and knowledge of the language, etc.
In the event of a divorce, the death of your spouse or spouse who were EU citizens, you can retain your right to live in the UK, for example, if there are children in training in the UK. As the parent of a child in training, you can also apply for a receipt.
Submit such a statement can and other relatives. Since all cases are very individual and delicate, we advise you to seek advice from our immigration specialists for full consultation and assistance in processing the documents.
� 2017 RSL-LAW. All Rights Reserved.
RSL-LAW is authorized and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authorities – SRA No: 591917.

Hello! Do you need to find a partner for sex? Nothing is more simple! Click here, registration is free!