How to open an account in a Czech bank.
Relevance of information: 2016-12-15.
Everyone can open an account in a Czech bank, including a foreigner. To do this, it is enough to apply to the nearest branch of the bank, present the required package of documents.
Visit to the bank branch.
The procedure for opening an account in a bank branch takes no more than 1 hour, provided that you have ready-made documents on hand.
MBank Bank within the mKonto product (see description below), allows its new customers to open an account online, personal presence is not necessary. You will be offered two options for signing the contract online and by courier, in which case the contract will be brought directly to you.
Required documents when visiting a bank branch.
A natural person, a foreigner.
– Application for opening an account;
– When opening an account, banks require the presentation of two identity documents: a foreign passport, and as a second document, for example, a birth certificate, a driver’s license or a residence permit issued by the Ministry of the Interior of the Czech Republic;
– The amount of money that will be needed for the first deposit;
– Some banks may require a contact postal address in the Czech Republic;
– an extract from the Commercial Register in the Czech Republic;
– in the event that the firm has not yet been entered in the Commercial Register, it is necessary to present the constituent documents or the memorandum of association;
– all documents issued in a foreign language that wishes to open a bank account must be translated into Czech, officially certified and presented together with the application for opening an account;
The main condition for opening a bank account is to reach the age of 18 years, if it is not a question of specific products. An example can serve as student accounts, which have the right to open persons aged 15 years, but with the condition of the presence of a legal representative.
Opening of the account by proxy.
Can I open an account in the Czech Republic by proxy? Some banks allow both legal entities and individuals to open a bank account by proxy, without personal presence. To do this, you need to provide the bank with a certain package of documents.
One of the conditions for opening accounts in most Czech banks is placing a deposit on it, the amount of which depends on the conditions of a specific bank. Depending on the selected bank, the deposit amount is 500 – 1000 CZK.
The account can be in CZK, or be multicurrency.
Russian language in bank branches.
In Prague offices of major banks such as UniCredit Bank, Raiffeisenbank, Sberbank CZ, staff working in English and Russian are working. In smaller banks, communication is possible only in Czech and, if lucky, in English.
For example, Komercni banka offers foreign customers the service Foreign Customer Desks (FCD) – these are specialized offices for servicing foreigners, in which staff working in English, German, Russian are working. List of offices for foreigners on the site KB. https://www.kb.cz/cs/sluzby-pro-cizince/kontakty-pro-cizince/
Types of bank accounts in the Czech Republic.
– Current account (Osobni ucet)
– Entrepreneurial account (Podnikatelsky ucet)
– Savings account (Sporici ucet)
– Student account (Ucty pro studenty a mlade)
As elsewhere, the Czech Republic is no exception, some banks charge fees for the following services:
– incoming and outgoing payments;
– receipt of an account statement from a bank account;
– withdrawing money from another bank’s ATM;
– the contribution of money to the account;
Free account maintenance.
Mank Bank in the Czech market of banking services since 2007, the number of customers in 2016 is 560 000 people, offers the maintenance of accounts without commission, as part of the product mKonto.
mKonto / mKonto Business.
– Opening an account for several minutes online or through a courier;
– Account maintenance – 0 CZK;
– incoming and outgoing payments in the Czech Republic – 0 CZK;
– SIPO, collection, permanent order – 0 CZK;
– electronic monthly statements to your email address for free;
– three withdrawals per month from any ATM in the Czech Republic for free;
– SMS and e-mail informing about the movement of funds on the accounts;
– access to the account through the Internet bank, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week;
– withdrawal of cash abroad for more than 2500 CZK – commission is not charged;
An alien can open an account online: https://form.mbank.cz.
After opening an account, as a rule, for some time a client receives a card from one of the leading payment systems, which allows you to pay by the non-cash method for the services and goods provided.
The current list of banking products within which you can open an account is available on the following links:
How to open an account in a Czech bank.