Service in the army or how to obtain citizenship in the United States.

Service in the army or how to obtain citizenship in the United States.
Service in the US Army is indeed one of the fastest ways to obtain citizenship. But is it really that simple? On how to obtain US citizenship by serving in the armed forces of the country, read the material below!
American citizenship through military service.
A person who has served in the Armed Forces of the United States for one year (or immediately if the service is in the war zone) is indeed entitled to accelerated citizenship. However, the whole difficulty is that we still have to get into the army. And they take only US citizens or permanent residents there. In addition, the contract for service is for a period of 2 to 6 years. In general, this method can not be called simple. And to demonstrate how difficult it is, we will tell you later who and how can enter the service in the US Armed Forces.
Who can enter the service in the US Armed Forces.
Immigration to the United States through military service is a myth. A US citizen or permanent resident (holder of a green card) can enter the service in the US Armed Forces. It can be both a man and a woman (with some exceptions) aged 17 to 42 years who have no previous convictions, but have a secondary education and good physical preparation.
In the US, there are 5 types of armed forces (army, navy, air force, marines and coast guard), and for each of them its age limit. For example, in the army take people from 17 to 42 years, and in the air force – only up to 27. University students can serve in reserve.
Service in the US Army: a step-by-step instruction on how to proceed.
Step 1. Pass the preliminary test and find the recruiter.
To understand if you are suitable for the service in the US Army, on the official website you can pass a preliminary test, download its results and contact the recruiter with them. However, this procedure can be avoided: to address directly directly to the recruiter and deal with it already.
Each type of armed forces has its own recruiters. Find the nearest you can here.
The recruiters check whether you are suitable for military service (age, education level, physical performance, criminal record and marital status), and they will ask you to pass a preliminary computer test for professional fitness.
Step 2. Prepare the necessary documents.
The recruiter will provide you with a list of necessary documents and help them to collect if necessary. Such documents include:
proof of citizenship (if you were not born in the US); social security card; valid driver’s license or ID card; an extract from the bank account; originals or certified copies of documents on marriage or divorce, court order on separation of spouses (if necessary); originals or certified copies of birth certificates of children under the age of 18; statements from parents; documents on payment of alimony (if necessary); if you are married to an army official, give his name, social security number and military address; copies of the lease agreement (if necessary); originals or certified copies of ROTC (Reserve Officers’ Training Corps) documents (if necessary); originals of documents on education.
Step 3. Take the ASVAB test.
The Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test is designed to identify your strengths and determine which military specialties are best for you. The test will include questions in the fields of science, mathematics, mechanics, electronics, etc.
Step 4. Take a physical examination.
To schedule a physical check again, your recruiter will help. You should know that there are also requirements to your growth, weight and percentage of body fat. Find out if you meet the necessary parameters, you can by using a special calculator on the site.
Step 5. Choose a specialization.
After successfully passing the test and undergoing a medical examination, you can choose one of the army specialties (there are about 150 of them). Then you sign a contract for a certain period. The length of service depends on the specialties and the type of armed forces and varies from 2 to 6 years.
Step 6. The training course and the beginning of the service.
Before you go to study the basics of combat training, you will have to take the oath. Then you will be sent to basic combat training. The course will consist of several phases and will last about 10 weeks (in some troops more). After that, you will get to your first base and start the service in the army. Food and accommodation – at the expense of the armed forces. Also you will receive a salary.
Acquiring US citizenship through military service.
You can file documents necessary for obtaining citizenship directly at the place of service (usually in the personnel department or in the office of the Chief Military Prosecutor). Such documents include: application for naturalization (Form N-400) and a statement on the certification of service in a military or naval base (Form N-426).
And the latter must be attested. After the package of documents is ready, he will be sent to a specialized unit for the naturalization of the USCIS servicemen to begin the accelerated procedure for obtaining citizenship. Somewhere in 6-8 months you will already be a US citizen!
Comments (10)
why go to the army if you have a green card?
There are people who simply want to serve in the US Army. Call of the soul, or what)))
As an example to quickly get citizenship and begin reunification with the rest of the family.
Get into the US army without citizenship or green card is possible. This is not a myth. You can go there to work, for example, or you can go to serve, yes, yes, to serve, there is such a program Ming. Defense MAVNI, but they take it if you know the necessary languages or have technical skills, google help.
It has already been closed, for a long time.
I do not know why, but I’d like to join the army of the United States more than Russia. There are many bonuses, + accelerated acquisition of citizenship. P.s.-Yes, and the attitude there as a person, and not as a pig (Friend in the United States army and brother in the army of Russia)
Hello everyone, I served as a vv know callsign of the sts. Of the staff machine. how do I obtain citizenship))) t I am a refugee.
on all questions to call 89126828943 \
We recommend.
Popular articles.
Abroad in social networks.
Read the best from “Zagranica” on the FB!
Use of materials is allowed only with the prior consent of the copyright holders.
Check in.
Sign in through.
Password reset.
Password reset.
We sent an email with instructions on how to recover your password.
New password.
Dear user.
The mailbox you provided during registration was sent an instruction to complete registration on our portal.
You are unsubscribed from newsletters.
Express an opinion.
You can only put a comment or a comment on the commentary once.
Only an authorized user can rate an institution, if you want to remain anonymous, leave only a review.
Only an authorized user can rate an institution, if you want to remain anonymous, leave only a review.
One object can be assessed no more than once in 10 days. But leave a review as many times as possible 🙂
Most popular articles, blogs, important events and news from the portal “Zagranitsa” at your post!
Update every week.
TOP Articles / Blogs.
Congratulations – now you are subscribed to our newsletters and will be updated on all relevant news!
Write a realtor.
Your message has been sent to a realtor. He will answer you directly. Thank you for using our resource!

Hello! Do you need to find a partner for sex? Nothing is more simple! Click here, registration is free!